How to Hide WhatsApp Chat? WhatsApp chats are end-to-end encrypted which is WhatsApp Secret Chatting. This suggests that your chats are often read-only by you and therefore the person you’re chatting with, and no one in between can read them.
But if you’ve got an intruding roommate or sleep in a house filled with relatives, the likelihood is that this encryption won’t be of much use to you because your phone is often physically accessed by them. I have met people that borrow your phone saying they have to form a call or just drop a text to someone but they latently scroll through your phone’s photo gallery and WhatsApp chats also.
A Case Study:
We all use WhatsApp to talk with our friends, family, colleagues, and other contacts. Though, there are times once we don’t want others to access our WhatsApp chats since they will be pretty private. During this case, you’ll just find out how to cover chats in WhatsApp with a password or can just archive them. To do this, you’ll use the native feature of WhatsApp or simply try any third-party app also. Read on as, during this ultimate guide, I will be able to show you ways to hide WhatsApp chats.
Why Should Use WhatsApp Secret Chatting?
Therein case it becomes a touch difficult to cover your personal and personal chats that contain words or graphics which you’ll not be comfortable showing around in your house. Of course, a phone lock is that the best thanks to keeping your chats protected.
There also are app locks that will lock the apps you would like. But if you’re too supine to travel through the method of fixing a phone lock system or app locker for only one WhatsApp chat, here’s something for you. WhatsApp gives you a choice to hide your chat without deleting it.
This suggests you’ll keep your personal chats safe and skim whenever you are feeling like it. No got to delete it. Also, you’ll do that with both group chats and personal chats.
How to Hide WhatsApp Chat on Android/iPhone With the Archive Feature?
To start with, let’s discuss the native solution to cover WhatsApp chats on both iPhone and Android. Ideally, you’ll move any WhatsApp conversation to its archive. In this way, the chat would still be there on your WhatsApp, but you can’t access it the standard way and need to visit its archives. To find out the way to hide chats in iPhone/Android via the archive feature, just follow these steps:
Archive WhatsApp Chats on iPhone:
- Step 1: If you’ve got an iPhone, then just launch WhatsApp on your device and choose the chat you would like to cover.
- Step 2: Swipe left the chat you would like to save lots of and attend its more options. From here, just press on the “Archive” choice to move it to WhatsApp Archives. you’ll also select multiple chats and move them to archive in one go.
- Step 3: To access these hidden chats, launch WhatsApp, and scroll all the high. Here, you’ll find the Archived Chats option above the search bar.
- Step 4: Simply tap on the Archived Chats choice to view the hidden conversations. Swipe left the conversation and tap on the “Unarchive” button to form it visible on your WhatsApp home.
Archive WhatsApp Chats on Android:
- Step 1: Simply launch WhatsApp on your Android and hold the chat icon you would like to save lots of. you’ll select multiple chats and group threads from here.
- Step 2: Once you create the needed selections, just tap on the archive icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
How to Hide WhatsApp Chat in WhatsApp Without Archive?
As you’ll see, with the archive features of WhatsApp, we will hide or unhide chats whenever we would like. Though, tons of individuals want to find out the way to hide chats in WhatsApp without an archive because the feature is understood by others. during this case, you’ll use a third-party app like GBWhatsApp on Android to cover your chats.
It’s a tweaked version of WhatsApp that gives plenty of advanced features. In case you’ve got an iPhone, then you would like to first jailbreak your device to use a tweaked app like this. it’s recommended to take care while employing a WhatsApp tweak, as your account might get suspended if you get caught by WhatsApp. to find out the way to hide chats in WhatsApp without an archive, just follow these steps:
- Step 1: Firstly, attend to your device’s Settings > Security and enable app installation from unknown sources. Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android and attend the official website of GBWhatsApp to download the app.
- Step 2: Launch the GBWhatsApp app on your phone and enter the prevailing telephone number that’s linked to your WhatsApp. Verify it by entering the one-time password and access the advanced features of WhatsApp.
- Step 3: Simply select the chats that you simply wish to cover and tap on the more options (the three-dot) icon from the highest. From here, just press on the “Hide” option.
- Step 4: To view the hidden chats, you’ll launch the GBWhatsApp app and tap on the WhatsApp icon on the top-left corner.
- Step 5: Verify the pattern lock for the hidden chats and consider all the saved conversations here. you’ll select any chat here, tap on the hamburger (three-dot) icon at the highest and choose the “Mark as Unread” option. this can unhide the chosen chats and send them to WhatsApp home.
How to Lock All WhatsApp Chats?
The above methods would be ideal to cover or archive individual chats. If you’re concerned about your privacy, then you ought to lock all WhatsApp chats instead. There are numerous devices lately with a feature to lock any app with a code or fingerprint. Recently, even WhatsApp has unrolled the choice to lock the app with our fingerprint for Android devices. Therefore, you’ll take the help of this native feature or maybe use a third-party app locker.
- Step 1: If you would like, you’ll just attend the Play Store and download any app locker. as an example, ChatLock+ may be a popular app that you simply can attempt to lock WhatsApp.
- Step 2: After installing, launch the ChatLock+ app and switch on the choice to lock WhatsApp from here. Just make certain that you simply have given the app the needed permissions beforehand.
- Step 3: Enter a singular 4-digit PIN that might work as a lock for WhatsApp. Now, whenever you open WhatsApp, you would like to enter the pin and may protect your chats from intruders.
- Step 4: Alternatively, if you’ve got an Android phone that supports fingerprint scan, then launch an updated version of WhatsApp thereon. Go to its Settings > Privacy > Fingerprint Lock and switch on the feature to unlock WhatsApp with the fingerprint. From here, you’ll prefer to automatically lock WhatsApp after a specific duration also.
How am I able to hide WhatsApp Secret content in the notification bar?
Tap on the notification type that interests you. We select Message notifications because we would like to cover the content of the messages we receive on WhatsApp. Then, press on “Lock screen notifications” and select “Show but hide contents.”
If hiding message previews is your goal, here is what you would like to do:
- Step 1: First, tap on the three vertical dots found within the top right corner.
- Step 2: Next, click on Settings and once a menu appears, click on Notifications.
- Remove the tick from the box labeled High Priority Notifications and you’ll find correspondence of message notifications/group notifications sections.
- Step 3: Understand that by choosing this route, the sole notification preview message that gets disabled is that the one that shows at the top of the screen alongside any new message.
The Techypaw’s Line:
By hiding both WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger previews, you’ve got an honest start. Unfortunately, it won’t be enough to completely protect your privacy and stop people from reading your messages if they desperately wanted to. you’ll always be doing more to extend your privacy level and avoid suspicion and subsequent and avoid suspicion and subsequent trouble if you’re actually trying to cover things. That’s all for today. I hope, this will be helpful to you. Thank you!